July 14, 2019
Dr. Oliver B. Greene used to refer to his life story as “from disgrace to grace.” Isn’t that a wonderful statement? Truly this is the story of every child of God. Thank God for His saving, keeping, and sustaining grace.
July 07, 2019
Billy Sunday was a patriot. The famous evangelist was at the peak of his popularity as American boys began to cross the ocean to fight. Billy Sunday never minced words and his meetings became patriotic affairs. Christianity and Patriotism are synonymous terms as hell and traitors are synonymous.” – Billy Sunday
June 30, 2019
- President Washington began the custom of taking the oath of office on a Bible.
- President Jefferson worshipped in church services held in the Capitol Building.
- President Lincoln’s acknowledgement of God led to the phrase “under God” in the pledge of allegiance.
- President Roosevelt composed his own prayer asking for protection during WWII.
- President Bush led the nation in prayer after 9/11.
June 23, 2019
The Bible simply claims to be the Word of God. It does not attempt to establish its claim, or seek to prove it. It merely assumes it and asserts it.
It is for us to believe it or leave it.
June 16, 2019
“True greatness, true leadership, is achieved, not by reducing men to serve us, but giving oneself in selfless service to others.”
That is also a good definition for Fathers.
June 9, 2019
Missions is at the very heart of our Faith Promise Offering. (Nothing is closer to the heart of God than Missions).
- Christ died for the world.
- It isn’t His will that any should perish.
- Men need to be told of salvation.
- Preachers must be sent.
June 2, 2019
Seven Must-Read Christian Autobiographies for Summer Growth:
- The Journal of John Wesley.
- Surprised by Joy by CS Lewis.
- God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew.
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.
- George Muller: My Journal.
- Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret.
- Just As I Am by Billy Graham.
Some of these can be found in our library.
May 26, 2019
In case you’re wondering, here’s some help for your Bible Study.
- A day’s journey is about 23 miles
- An omer is about 6 pints
- A Sabbath Day’s journey is about an English mile.
- An ephah contains seven gallons.
- A cubit is about 22 inches.
May 19, 2019
In Galatians 2:9 three men are mentioned as “pillars” of the church. It is obvious, but true, that strong Christians make strong churches. Churches, in turn, make stronger Christians. Be a Pillar!
May 12, 2019
- My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done. “If you’re going to kill each other do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
- My mother taught me prayer. “You’d better pray that Kool-Aid will come out of the carpet.”
- My mother taught me to be prepared for the future. “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week.
May 05, 2019
I read a church sign this week that said, “We hold sit-in demonstrations every Sunday.” Seriously when you sit in God’s house with your Bible open and your mind clear, you demonstrate how much you love God.
April 28, 2019
Cheap worship that only seeks to “show up” can never win the approval of the Lord. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
April 21, 2019
Resurrection Day means more than just a special Sunday to commemorate the resurrection. It is personal. I sit in the living room every day and look at pictures on my wall and mantle at faces who, because He lives, I shall see again. “Because He lives, we shall live also.”
April 14, 2019
Some folks say,
- “I just can’t witness.
- I don’t know enough.
- I’m not educated.
- I don’t’ talk well.
- I’m too timid.”
“My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9.
April 07, 2019
Retirement offers new ways to minister and new activities to try.
- Maybe use your experience and wisdom as a deacon.
- Sing in the choir.
- Do some handy work around the church.
- Drive a bus.
- Visit the sick and shut-ins.
- Take a mission trip.
The rewards are out of this world
March 31, 2019
- God knows our words (Psalm 130:2)
- God knows our deeds (Psalm 139:2)
- God knows our sorrows (Exodus 3:7)
- God knows our needs (Matthew 6:32)
- God knows our frailties (Psalm 103:14)
March 24, 2019
“We are most like beasts when we kill.
We are most like men when we judge.
We are most like God when we forgive.”
March 17, 2019
Who will help bear the burden of a fallen sister? Who will encourage a brother when all hope seems to be gone? Who will go the 2nd mile to save a relationship? Will you? God has commanded us to be “one another” Christians.
March 10, 2019
During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln was asked, “President Lincoln, is God on the side of the Union?” His reply showed great wisdom. “My concern is not whether God is on our side: my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” Pray for America!
March 3, 2019
“David faced a fierce, God-hating giant named Goliath. Have you ever stopped to think about the giants we face every day in our lives? Anger, pride, greed, bitterness, impurity, and on it goes. We must learn to prepare ourselves with the ammunition of God’s Word to see victory over the giants in our lives.” – Rand Hummel
February 24, 2019
“He who rushes from his bed to his business without spending time with God is a fool as though he had not washed or dressed, and as unwise as one dashing to battle without arms or armor.”
— Charles Spurgeon
February 17, 2019
Pray Specifically This Week:
- Pray for your Pastor.
- Pray for your Church Family to enthusiastically witness to our community.
- Pray for other Pastors and Churches in our community.
- Pray for your Police Chief and Sheriff, and the men & women under them.
- Pray for the Firemen: volunteer and full-time.
February 10, 2019
A long time ago churches were so nervous about the charismatic movement, that Baptist worship services seemed like funeral services. Now the pendulum has swung too far to the other side with worldly music and little theology. We want our music to help us feel the presence of God and clearly communicate His Word.
February 03, 2019
A List to Live By
- The most destructive habit – worry.
- The greatest joy – giving.
- The most satisfying work – helping others.
- The ugliest trait – selfishness.
- The most contagious spirit – enthusiasm.
- The most important thing in life – God.
January 27, 2019
Tucked away in my memory are precious scenes and sounds of my Dad reading the Bible to our family. I wish I could once again see my Father with it in his hands. I wish I could hear him read it. The Bible is a precious book. Men, make memories with your family.
January 20, 2019
When reading your Bible, if a verse brings to mind a need in your own life or another’s, stop right then and pray. Then return to reading. God’s Holy Spirit used that verse to bring that need to your heart for this time.
January 13, 2019
The one common denominator that brings everyone down to the same level is human kindness. Find someone you can be kind to today.
Peter wrote in 2nd Peter 1:7 “And to godliness, brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness, love.”
January 6, 2019
The Bible Stands Alone!
It is beautiful, interesting, wise, logical and worthy of reading and study. Nothing so broadens our vision, strengthens our minds, elevates our thoughts. It gives character, ambition, perception and sound judgment.
Read your Bible!