May 19, 2019
In Galatians 2:9 three men are mentioned as “pillars” of the church. It is obvious, but true, that strong Christians make strong churches. Churches, in turn, make stronger Christians. Be a Pillar!
May 12, 2019
- My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done. “If you’re going to kill each other do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
- My mother taught me prayer. “You’d better pray that Kool-Aid will come out of the carpet.”
- My mother taught me to be prepared for the future. “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week.
May 05, 2019
I read a church sign this week that said, “We hold sit-in demonstrations every Sunday.” Seriously when you sit in God’s house with your Bible open and your mind clear, you demonstrate how much you love God.
April 28, 2019
Cheap worship that only seeks to “show up” can never win the approval of the Lord. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
April 21, 2019
Resurrection Day means more than just a special Sunday to commemorate the resurrection. It is personal. I sit in the living room every day and look at pictures on my wall and mantle at faces who, because He lives, I shall see again. “Because He lives, we shall live also.”
April 14, 2019
Some folks say,
- “I just can’t witness.
- I don’t know enough.
- I’m not educated.
- I don’t’ talk well.
- I’m too timid.”
“My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9.
April 07, 2019
Retirement offers new ways to minister and new activities to try.
- Maybe use your experience and wisdom as a deacon.
- Sing in the choir.
- Do some handy work around the church.
- Drive a bus.
- Visit the sick and shut-ins.
- Take a mission trip.
The rewards are out of this world
March 31, 2019
- God knows our words (Psalm 130:2)
- God knows our deeds (Psalm 139:2)
- God knows our sorrows (Exodus 3:7)
- God knows our needs (Matthew 6:32)
- God knows our frailties (Psalm 103:14)
March 24, 2019
“We are most like beasts when we kill.
We are most like men when we judge.
We are most like God when we forgive.”
March 17, 2019
Who will help bear the burden of a fallen sister? Who will encourage a brother when all hope seems to be gone? Who will go the 2nd mile to save a relationship? Will you? God has commanded us to be “one another” Christians.
March 10, 2019
During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln was asked, “President Lincoln, is God on the side of the Union?” His reply showed great wisdom. “My concern is not whether God is on our side: my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” Pray for America!
March 3, 2019
“David faced a fierce, God-hating giant named Goliath. Have you ever stopped to think about the giants we face every day in our lives? Anger, pride, greed, bitterness, impurity, and on it goes. We must learn to prepare ourselves with the ammunition of God’s Word to see victory over the giants in our lives.” – Rand Hummel
February 24, 2019
“He who rushes from his bed to his business without spending time with God is a fool as though he had not washed or dressed, and as unwise as one dashing to battle without arms or armor.”
— Charles Spurgeon
February 17, 2019
Pray Specifically This Week:
- Pray for your Pastor.
- Pray for your Church Family to enthusiastically witness to our community.
- Pray for other Pastors and Churches in our community.
- Pray for your Police Chief and Sheriff, and the men & women under them.
- Pray for the Firemen: volunteer and full-time.
February 10, 2019
A long time ago churches were so nervous about the charismatic movement, that Baptist worship services seemed like funeral services. Now the pendulum has swung too far to the other side with worldly music and little theology. We want our music to help us feel the presence of God and clearly communicate His Word.
February 03, 2019
A List to Live By
- The most destructive habit – worry.
- The greatest joy – giving.
- The most satisfying work – helping others.
- The ugliest trait – selfishness.
- The most contagious spirit – enthusiasm.
- The most important thing in life – God.
January 27, 2019
Tucked away in my memory are precious scenes and sounds of my Dad reading the Bible to our family. I wish I could once again see my Father with it in his hands. I wish I could hear him read it. The Bible is a precious book. Men, make memories with your family.
January 20, 2019
When reading your Bible, if a verse brings to mind a need in your own life or another’s, stop right then and pray. Then return to reading. God’s Holy Spirit used that verse to bring that need to your heart for this time.
January 13, 2019
The one common denominator that brings everyone down to the same level is human kindness. Find someone you can be kind to today.
Peter wrote in 2nd Peter 1:7 “And to godliness, brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness, love.”
January 6, 2019
The Bible Stands Alone!
It is beautiful, interesting, wise, logical and worthy of reading and study. Nothing so broadens our vision, strengthens our minds, elevates our thoughts. It gives character, ambition, perception and sound judgment.
Read your Bible!